The Mowbray’s Tree Service (MTS) Lister/Pi identifies trees that require pruning and or removal and is the initial point of contact with the customer regarding work that needs to be performed on their property. They also identify the tree species and are able to perform hazardous tree assessments. Listers have the authority and responsibility to STOP WORK at any time they determine that unsafe conditions exist.
- Must adhere to all MTS safety policies and procedures.
- Ensures their safety and the safety of the public/property owners.
- Accurately identify tree species.
- Performs hazard assessments.
- Performs circuit patrols in accordance with the annual VM plan, VM patrol standards, and processes.
- Identifies required tree work along the Utilities Right-of-Way and prescribes what tree work needs to be performed.
- Performs verification inspections of locations for tree work completion.
- Documents all inspections
- Performs investigations and documentation of all tree-related Utility outages and attends outage meetings as required.
- Effectively communicates the reasons and benefits of UVM line clearance to the property owners.
- When completing weekly job logs, documents all notification methods and attempts in the work management system.
- Assists General foreman in performing any add on of trees in the work management system.
- Assists General Foreman in ensuring safety of the UVM crews when scheduling work.
- Attends all scheduled training.
- Adheres to all environmental compliance requirements.
- Must be able to exhibit a high level of professionalism when performing their job duties.
- May be required to travel, including overnight stays.
- Proficient in MS Office 365
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Minimum of 2 years of Vegetation Management experience
- Trained in conflict resolution
- Knowledgeable on UVM operations and safety
- Must be able to drive long distances
- Must be able to walk or hike for long distances
- CPR and First Aid Trained (Annual Requirement)
- Electric Hazards Awareness Program (EHAP) Training (Annual Requirement)
- Biology degree or equivalent (Preferred)
- CTSP (Preferred)
- Certified Arborist (Preferred but must at least be attempted within the 1st year)
- OSHA 10
- Mowbray’s – TCIA Step 1 and Step 2 (Required and must completed within the 1st year of being in the position)
- MTS Safety Documentation Training and understanding of MTS QR codes (Required)
- MTS Operating Procedures for Customer Coordinator training (Must be completed within the first 2 weeks of employment)
- Bi-lingual (Preferred)
- Lifting: Less than ten (10lbs) pounds
- Carrying: Less than Ten (10lbs) pounds
- Walking/Hiking: Frequently
- Sitting: Occasionally
- Standing: Frequently
- Bending: Rarely
- Driving: Frequently
- Pi: Pre Inspector
- VM: Vegetation Management
- UVM: Utility Vegetation Management
- Rarely = less than 10%
- Occasionally = up to 33%
- Frequently = up to 66%
- Continuously = from 67% to 100%