Posted 2 years ago
Personnel performing the role of a Chemical Applicator will have the following responsibilities:
- Set up and operate hand and power spray equipment to spray, dust, and/or spread various chemicals and other designated materials including pesticides, herbicides, soil sterilant, grass killer, and specified soil amendments.
- Maintain records of on chemical application activities in compliance with EPA, OSHA, and applicable State and Federal Regulations.
- Maintain work area, chemical storage area, and equipment in optimal condition to promote safe work practices and procedures in accordance with OSHA , EPA, and State and Federal requirements.
- Schedule and coordinate chemical application activities.
- Maintain and update Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for chemical usage.
- Maintains equipment and tools used in chemical application and coordinates with mechanics for needed repairs.
- Qualified Applicator’s License (QAL) (Required)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Required)
- Familiar with IOS (Required)
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (Required)
- Conflict resolution training
- Experience in tree trimming, tree removal, and material hauling
- Experience in tree industry operations
- Commercial Drive’s License (CDL) (Preferred, should be completed within 1 year)
- High School Diploma (Preferred)
- Bilingual (Preferred)
- CPR and First Aid Instructor (Preferred)
- EHAP Certified (Preferred)
- CTSP (Preferred)
- Certified Arborist (Preferred)
- Certified Tree Worker (Preferred)